The Biomedical Science Programs through the Wayne State University School of Medicine provide outstanding graduate education, student interaction and research opportunities across all of our programs. With focus on career development and research training, our academic programs help graduate students increase their chances for future success in their chosen areas of study.
Preparing you for your future as an independent researcher is the primary role of the Office of Graduate Scholars, the departmental training program and your faculty mentor. All three work together to assist students in career development, obtaining job contacts and travel to national meetings. Outstanding training coupled with career placement is the key to your successful postgraduate opportunities.
- Student and active AMA member Tabitha Moses: 'I can be a part of the process'
- Rafael Ramos and seven other Medical Students traveled with the Wayne State University School of Medicine's World Health Student Organization to Ecuador this spring to work and learn from Ecuadorian physicians and volunteers.
- Senior medical student Jeremy "Jay" Llaniguez, Ph.D. elected the American Medical Association's Student Speaker of the House
- Research led by Wayne M.D./Ph.D. student could lead to treatment for fatty liver disease
- MD/Ph.D. Spotlight: Stephen Dzul