Education: University of Pittsburgh, B.S.; Johns Hopkins University, M.S.
Year in Program: M1
Mentor: Qing-Sheng Mi, M.D. Ph.D.
I have many hobbies; among them are rock climbing, cooking, wild fermentation, brewing beer and reading. I am excited to be a part of the Wayne State University School of Medicine community and am looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone, working hard, having fun, finding new passions and form lasting relationships with the people in this awesome community.
I am interested in explorinh immune cell development and differentiation using single-cell genomic and epigenomic techniques to understand how cell-cell interactions and molecular heterogeneity contribute to clinical phenotypes. I am also interested in developing new single-cell techniques and analytical methods.
Honors and Awards
- Departmental Honors, University of Pittsburgh Department of Chemistry
- The Chris Papadimitrakis Scholarship
- Date, A. A., Halpert, G., Babu, T., Ortiz, J., Kanvinde, P., Dimitrion, P., Narayan, J., Zierden H, Betageri, K., Musmanno O., Wiegand, H., Huang X., Gumber, S., Hanes, J., Ensign, L. M. “Mucus-penetrating nanosuspension enema for local treatment of inflammatory bowel disease.” Biomaterials. (2018) 185:97-105.
- Chung, S. W., Choi, J. U., Cho, Y. S., Lee, H., Kim, H. R., Won, T. H., Dimitrion, P., Jeon O. C., Kim, W. O., Kim, S. W., Kim, I. S., Kim, S. Y., Byun, Y. “Self-Triggered Apoptosis Enzyme Prodrug Therapy (STAEPT): Enhancing targeted therapies via a recurrent bystander killing effect.” Adv. Sci. (2018) 5(7): 1800368.
- D'Aiuto, L., Naciri, J. N., Radio, N., Clayton, D., Apodaca, G., DiMai, R., Zhi, Y., Dimitrion P., Piazza, P., Demers, M., Wood, J., Yolken, R., McNulty, J., Kinchington P. R., Bloom D. C., Nimgaonkar, V. L. "Generation of three-dimensional human neuronal cultures for modeling CNS viral infections" Stem Cell Ther(2018) 9(1):134 .
- Liu, Z., Zhou, T., Ziegler, A. C., Dimitrion, P., and Zuo, L. “Oxidative Stress in Neurodegenerative Diseases: From Molecular Mechanisms to Clinical Applications,” Oxid Med Cell Longev, (2017). 2017, 2525967
- Dimitrion, P., Zhi, Y., Clayton, D., Apodaca, G., Wilcox, M. R., Johnson, J. W., Nimgaonkar, V., D’Aiuto, L. Generation of low-density neuronal cultures from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). Mol Neuropsychiatry. (2017) 3:28-36
- D’Aiuto, L., Williamson, K., Dimitrion, P., McNulty, J., Zepeda-Velázquez, C., Ler, S., Piazza, P., Schurdak, M. E., Joel, W., Yolken, R. H., Kinchington, P. R., Bloom, D. C., Nimgaonkar, V. Comparison of three cell-based drug screening platforms for HSV-1 infection. Antiviral Res. (2017) 142:136-140.
- Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting & Symposium 2018 (New York, NY)
- Univ. of Pittsburgh Arts & Sciences Research Exposition 2016 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Science! 2015 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Science! 2014 (Pittsburgh, PA)