Education: University of New Orleans, B.S.
Year in Program: M2
Mentor: Dr. Loren Schwiebert
I am the namesake of Dr. Gregory John Cresson, M.D., who passed away from Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) during his residency. I aspire to become a Pathologist, like my uncle, and aim to extend the lifespan of GBM.
My research is in Monte Carlo molecular simulation. My experience is in Replica Exchange sampling, and I am interested in developing new algorithms for analyzing protein dynamics, particularly protein interaction.
Honors and Awards
- ACERS (Achievement in ComputER Science) Award
- Biological Science Achievement Award
- Academic Excellence Award
- Schwing, Gregory John. "Implementation of Replica Exchange with Dynamic Scaling in GROMACS 2018." (2018).
- Basu-Ray I, Sudhakar D, Schwing G, ... Rasekh A. Complex Left Atrial Appendage Morphology Is an Independent Risk Factor for Cryptogenic Ischemic Stroke. Front Cardiovasc Med. (2018)
- Hoerger M, Wayser GR, Schwing G, Suzuki A, Perry LM. Impact of Interdisciplinary Outpatient Specialty Palliative Care on Survival and Quality of Life in Adults With Advanced Cancer: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Ann Behav Med. (2019)
- Southeastern Medical Scientist Symposium 2017
- AANS Scientific Sessions 2018