Education:Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S.;
Syracuse University, M.S.
Year in Program: M2
Born in the United States and raised in Mexico, an engineer by training trying to find a medical niche.
Student Involvement 2019:
Vice President - Latino Medical Student Association/Amigos Medicos
WSU SOM First Aid First - Logistics and Research Co-coordinator
Detroit vs. Addiction - Research Coordinator
Google Scholar profile:
Biomaterials, Additive Manufacturing, Tissue Engineering, Bone Physiology
Honors and Awards
- WSU SOM 2019 Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship (05/2019)
- Sandberg Travel Award, 2019 Medical Student Research Symposium (01/2019)
- 1st Place Basic Science Category 2019 Medical Student Research Symposium (01/2019)
- SU Graduate Student Organization Travel Grant (04/2017)
- Graduate Merit Scholarship, Syracuse University (08/2016)
- SU Graduate Engineering Dean’s Discretionary Scholarship (08/2016)
- 4th Place at 6th Annual Syracuse University Engineering Undergraduate Symposium (08/2015)
- Honorable mention at 5th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium at RPI (04/2014)
- RPI Rensselaer Leadership Award (08/2012)
- Park, Seong Yeon, Jiseul Chun, Jong Yeob Jeon, Pyung Cheon Lee, Yongtaek Hwang, Bo Geun Song, Ramos Rafael, Chang Y. Ryu, and Bun Yeoul Lee. "Branched poly (1, 4‐butylene carbonate‐co‐terephthalate) s: LDPE‐like semicrystalline thermoplastics." Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry 53, no. 7 (2015): 914-923.
- Suvarnapathaki, Sanika, Ramos Rafael, Sawyer Stephen W, McLoughlin Shannon, Ramos Andrew, Venn Sarah, and Soman Pranav. “Generating of cell-laden hydrogel microspheres using 3D printing-enabled microfluidics.” Journal of Materials Research (2018). [Accepted]
- Winston Tackla, Suddhapas Kantaphon, Wang Chenyan, Ramos Rafael, Soman Pranav, Ma Zhen. “Serum-Free Manufacturing Mesenchymal Stem Cell Tissue Rings Using Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells.” Biofabrication IOP (2018) [In preparation]
- Ramos, Rafael, et al. "Measuring Changes in Electrical Impedance During Cell-Mediated Mineralization." Bioelectricity (2019).
- Society For Biomaterials Annual Meeting 2017 – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Syracuse Biomaterials Institute 2017 Stevenson Biomaterials Lecture and Research Poster Session. March 2017.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Seventh Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium. Troy NY, April 2016.
- Syracuse University Summer 2016 REU Undergraduate Research Poster Session
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Fifth Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium. Troy NY, April 2014.