Education: Illinois Institute of Technology, B.S. in Biomedical Engineering
Year in Program: M4
Mentor: Dr. Jian Wang
2011-present: Violin II in Detroit Medical Orchestra
Cellular metabolism and mitochondrial function.
Honors and Awards
- 2017: Werner U. Spitz, MD Endowed Scholarship in Pathology (Revised), WSU
- 2016: 5th Annual Tumor and Microenvironment Retreat 1st Place Poster, WSU
- 2016: Graduate Student Research Day Poster Honorable Mention, WSU
- 2012: Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship, WSU
- 2008: Biomedical Research Scholar Award, IIT
- 2007-2011: Camras Scholarship, IIT
1. Moya ML, Lucas S, Francis-Sedlak M, Liu X, Garfinkel MR, Huang JJ, et al. Sustained delivery of FGF-1 increases vascular density in comparison to bolus administration. Microvasc Res 2009; 78(2): 142-7.
2. Francis-Sedlak ME, Moya ML, Huang JJ, Lucas SA, Chandrasekharan N, Larson JC, et al. Collagen glycation alters neovascularization in vitro and in vivo. Microvasc Res 2010; 80(1): 3-9.
3. Moya ML, Garfinkel MR, Liu X, Lucas S, Opara EC, Greisler HP, et al. Fibroblast growth fac-tor-1 (FGF-1) loaded microbeads enhance local capillary neovascularization. J Surg Res 2010; 160(2): 208-12.
4. Chen G, Zhou G, Aras S, He Z, Lucas S, Podgorski I, et al. Loss of ABHD5 promotes the ag-gressiveness of prostate cancer cells. Sci Rep 2017; 7(1): 13021.
5. Lucas S, Soave C, Nabil G, Ahmed ZSO, Chen G, El-Banna HA, et al. Pharmacological Inhibi-tors of NAD Biosynthesis as Potential Anticancer Agents. Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov 2017; 12(3): 190-207.
6. Lucas S, Chen G, Aras S, Wang J. Mitochondrial respiratory complex assembly requires the one-carbon unit generated from serine catabolism. Life Sci Alliance 2018 (in press)